Monday, October 30, 2017

Day 270:Xandriss

My art is a reflection of how I feel of things and of the world around me.  A projection of what I see and what I would like to see.  It’s my appreciation of things that are beautiful to me and strike a chord within my spirit.  

Living motivates me to create art.  When I am really moved by something, I feel inspired to paint the images before me or that are in my thoughts.  I wish to leave a viewer with something more than they had.  Something felt or inspired.  A mood uplifted or a message conveyed.  I wish to plant a seed of growth toward something positive.  

Much of my artwork is created using my Single Line Style.   Each of these paintings have a continuous line going throughout it to make up or fill in an object.  Sometimes, it’s one line for the entire piece, others- for each part in the painting.  A lot of people will try to find the two ends of the line for fun. 

I was raised in Mesa, AZ and live there currently with my fiancé, Bruce Cormier, and our four children.  We are both artists and focus much of our energy on our art and business.  I am greatly benefitted by my partner and soul mate being in the same profession.  We are always driving the other to be better at what they do.  It’s very symbiotic.  

I’m a studious person and am always wanting to learn something new.  I have a difficult time saying anything in few words which is fine because I have much to express.  I love poetry and classic literature and am a bit of a book junkie. When I bake something from scratch, usually a person wants seconds.  I’m passionate about the outdoors world and all things that are natural.  

A very influential person to me is Vincent Van Gogh.  I’ve studied his life and work and found him to be a prolific writer as well as a master painter.  I am in agreement with many of the things he wrote and feel a kinship with him.  

website-   http://xandrissart.com
instagram-  http://www.instagram.com/xandrissonelineart

Daydreams of a Grand Time

Alfred Hitchock

Waltzing in the Superstitions


Artist working

Print ready

2 comments: