Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 301: Ann Osgood


These paintings are part of a series focused on streets and freeways. The subject of this series is the streets and freeways around Phoenix.   Much like an artist who lives in the mountains or by the beach is nurtured by the surroundings,  I look at the urban setting where I live for inspiration. I notice the shapes of light and shadow as I drive through the interchange of the 101 and I-17 freeways. The red brake lights, green traffic signals and the sunlit gray pavement all combine to create exciting visual designs for me.  I see in these every day scenes the opportunity to paint the beauty around us every day.

 Ann Osgood grew up in California received her BFA in drawing and painting at the University of Hawaii. She moved to the base of the Superstition mountains where the colors of the desert persuaded her to stay in Arizona. Ann enjoys working plein air in the desert and regularly paints live models. She works in her north Phoenix studio as well as at her studio in the Artery building in downtown Phoenix. She has had several successful one woman shows as well as exhibiting in many group shows in the area. 
http://annosgood.com

Shadow Overpass

Last Light

Golden Hour

Final Destination

No comments:

Post a Comment