Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 291:Augustine Tellez

Augustine Tellez was born in Phoenix, Arizona in 1987. Tellez works predominantly in spray paint and heavy body acrylics. He has no formal training and continues to grow with each painting. Augustine’s mixed media, urban style art is purely expressive. He believes in always painting and never printing. Giving each person a unique painting. He has shown in multiple cities along the southwest such as: Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angles, San Diego, and San Francisco. He had the pleasure of displaying in the Phoenix Art Museum in 2011 and 2012. Augustine took 2nd place twice at Paint and Patron Art Show for best piece of the night.
Augustine’s collection can be found online on Facebook at Augustine Tellez Art, Instagram @atellez_art and www.atellezart.com. He lives and works in Phoenix, AZ. Augustine is continuing to venture planning shows in different states. His style will forever evolve as long as he remains creating.
I breathe creation. I have been a local artist in Arizona for about 6 years now. My name is Augustine Tellez and I love to paint. It began as a hobby and has grown more into a passion. I have no formal training and honestly I can't tell you if I'm using the materials right or not but what comes out takes my breath away. it's like a static shock when an idea comes without thought or reason. 
Artist statement:
I displayed in the Phoenix Art Museum and several shows in the southwest such as Las Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Phoenix. I am currently displaying in Gallery Celtica, I have been there for 6 years. Every artist needs a home. I believe in painting each painting a little different. Printing is not for me. Why not have something original. I am continuing my work on dancers, wild life, and other ideas that float around in my mind.

My inspiration? Everyone I have ever met. We find ways to become at peace with our surroundings. My peace....I paint. I'll keep painting till my last breath. I'm in love with creating art. Creation is LOVE.
instagram: @atellez_art 


Lion

                                                            Say Somethin

Quinn


Casablanca

Ballerina

1 comment: