Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Day 327: Janel Garza

My artwork is predominantly influenced by the surrounding Sonoran desert. Through observation of the complex organic forms of the landscape and it’s native plant life, I extract simplified colors and geometric shapes. These shapes are repeated and often made symmetrical to create a sense of balance and harmony. The goal of these images is to bring forth an impression of the vibrant, resourceful, and diverse environment which is often over looked in the desert scenery. My images are produced with the use of  laser cut wooden pieces, and each piece is painted and assembled on to a wooden panel to create a layered 3 dimensional painting. With each painting my curiosity and admiration of this environment deepens and encourages me to further my research and attention to detail in the subject matter. 

Website: geniuslocijewelry.com

social media: janel_garza or geniuslocijewelry (specifically for jewelry)


Ocotillo

Burn

Hexagon Jewelry

Muse

Necklaces

Pure Love


1 comment: