Sunday, December 3, 2017

Day 304: Sandra Neumann Wildemann

Sandra Neumann Wilderman
                                              
Artist Statement

I am a contemporary representational artist and have been painting for more than 25 years.  
My recent series of still life paintings are narratives, inspired by friends and family and began as a way to honor the memory of my parents. 

My paintings are about shining a light, both figuratively and literally, on the relationships between people.  The compositions, whether real or imagined, include hand-made objects, personal symbolism and nature, in the form of plants, birds, butterflies and dragonflies.  I work in watercolor, acrylic and oil mixed media collage. 

My approach to painting is to pour watercolor or acrylic on canvas or paper and then paint directly.    I find the spontaneity, the fluidity and the stylistic eclecticism of pouring paint to be a freeing and spiritual experience and it is through this process that I have found my voice.

I earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Northern Illinois University (NIU), College of Visual and Performing Arts in DeKalb, Illinois.  While at NIU, I studied with watercolorist, Charlotte Rollman.  Other artists who have influenced my work include Alyce van Acker and Georgia O’Keeffe. 

I have received numerous awards, including 1st Place in the watercolor category and 2nd Place in the acrylic category in the Gilbert Visual Art League 9th Annual Fine Art Show at Gallery 225 in Gilbert, Arizona.  I received 1st Place in 2009 for my body of work at the Art in the Red House at the Petersen House Museum in Tempe, Arizona.  My solo shows include the Triangle Gallery at the Old Town Arts Center in Chicago, Illinois, the Arizona State University’s Gammage Auditorium in Tempe, Arizona and the Artlink Heritage Square Gallery in Phoenix, Arizona.  

I am a signature member of the Arizona Watercolor Association, a juried member of the Arizona Art Alliance in Tempe, Arizona and a member of the Gilbert Visual Art League.    


I have been represented by galleries since 2007, my work is collected nationally and my Corporate Collectors include Intel Corporation in Chandler, Arizona. 

Peaceful

Southwest Friends

The Messenger 72

Three Friends

1 comment: