Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Day 230: Monica Robles

Monica Robles

I exclusively use reclaimed wood materials in all my work. Because of its previous life, I feel that it adds another layer of soul, depth and personality to my artwork and furniture pieces.  Most of the reclaimed wood are from objects that have been discarded.  To me, there is still purpose in these seemingly useless objects, and each piece of wood in its own form beckons to be included in the final piece.  I love to create pieces that are visually stimulating and rich in texture. By placing them in different patterns, I create a unique art piece and repurpose what was once discarded into something beautiful and useful.  I enjoy the challenge of finding ways to make the variation of wood work together.  I think the history and character of each individual piece asks you to consider the work as a whole in a new and different way.
 

#monicaroblesart


Geometree show


Detail


illuminate Me 3


Sink Vessal 4


Love Coffee table


Grand Ave pizza

1 comment: