Saturday, September 9, 2017

Day 219: Eric Hodgins

The solitary figure defines my current work. Through drawing the human figure I endeavor to reveal metaphysical mysteries beyond the obvious act of observation and rendering a likeness. I am fascinated with the process of not only drawing the model’s outer form, but also their origins, their moods, their joys, their pains, their deeply held secrets. This collaboration between drawer and fellow human tells a story I feel compelled to pass on to my viewers. Six years ago I stumbled upon images of Butoh dance and instantly felt compelled to draw the haunting, apocalyptic gestures of this Japanese avant garde performance art. I attended workshops to better understand the process that generates these gestures and found my inner dancer . Butoh continues to influence my artistic vision to this day. At present, I draw the human figure at the Suncrest Studio weekly drop-in session and serve as the group’s model coordinator. I have been a member of the Arizona Print Group since 2008.


My Instagram is  https://www.instagram.com/erichodginsstudio/


Orbs

Decorative Orbs

Moving On

Plumbing

Returning

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL VIEWS OF THE HUMAN FORM ALONG WITH FANTASY... I LOVE IT....

    ReplyDelete