Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Day 209: Stacie Schimke

Creating is my passion and my purpose. I am inspired by design: graphic, architectural, object, interior, and the combinaton of color and texture. The creative process makes me feel alive. I am self-taught and adhere to the notion that less is more.

I never know how a piece will turn out. Sometimes I choose a word or a poem and interpret the meaning onto a canvas. I paint until the piece resembles the feeling I get from reading the poem or the word. I use many tools when I paint; a palette knife, a brush, a scraper, a roller, my hands. 

I live and work in Phoenix, and Flagstaff, Arizona, with my brilliant border collie, Finnbar, and the love of my life, Tom.

also on Saatchi Art - www.saatchiart.com/Stacie.Schimke

Global Warming

Voltaic 3

Voltaic 2

Paris Rooftop

Emotion 1

2 comments: