Thursday, June 8, 2017

Day 126: Brian Klein



My work is primarily B&W photography ranging from abstract designs in architecture to infrared landscapes using a mix of both traditional and digital processes. I’m no purist and have fully embraced what digital photography has become and whether film or Photoshop is used, focus on the image should not be lost because of the tools used. Although I feel that there is too much digital noise out there that’s why we see a higher aesthetic value for older photographic processes. I love B&W photography’s nostalgic, timeless qualities, how it can set the mood and emphasize emotion. When I shoot I see in B&W, it’s a different understanding of light and subject. Early on the creative magic for me took place in the darkroom, experimenting with light and chemistry along with different type’s film. It was all about the process. I still shoot film and I currently have a series in the works photographing historic buildings downtown using a 4X5 B&W P/N film, what’s old is new again. Lately I’ve been experiment with the new types of digital printing technologies to present my work in unique and different ways. My latest series of monochromatic, architectural captures are printed directly to brushed copper and aluminum for a unique and contemporary look.

http://www.kleinphotographic.com/


http://www.instagram.com/kleinphotographic


http://www.facebook.com/kleinphotographic


Blending the Strengths

Denver Art Museum

Falling Water

Milk Ranch Point

United Steelworkers Building

1 comment:

  1. THE LAST PICTURE GOT ME... GREAT STUFF... KEEP SNAPPIN' AND FLASHIN'...

    ReplyDelete