Friday, May 5, 2017

Day 92:Tal Dvir

Bio
While currently painting contemporary impressionism, Tal Dvir is grounded in the classic approach inspired by the old masters like Velasquez, Murillo, and El Greco and later by impressionists and expressionists such Pissaro, Degas, Schiele, Giacometti and other modern artists. Dvir's work is a reflection of life and its surroundings, blended in self expression and imagination using new form of painting he recently developed. This form shows new approach which never been applied before. By limiting, almost completely his technique to cross hatching brush strokes and palette knife applying thick layers of paint, Dvir expresses figures and other subject matters. Influenced by impressionism, expressionism and contemporary art, as well inspired by the textures work of last century's New York modernists such Franz Kline, De Kooning, Philip Guston and others of their time. Dvir's work is always on a look for new ideas within his painting style through subjects, techniques and expressions.

Tal Dvir writes about his art
In my paintings, I'm striving to engage fresh thoughts and ideas. My subjects contain mainly figures but not limited to as I truly see myself as a renaissance painter who seeks for new forms of artistic language within the painting field. I see my work as a process of constant reinvention and although working with paints on canvas, at times my work could be described as sculpting with paints. Applying and modeling the texture's surfaces with palette knifes to express my statement, while maneuvering two different approaches of textures into one painting style. My work is initially painting accurate shapes and colors, only to break and change them to a bold expression which, I feel, goes far beyond than just being paintings,

My website: www.taldvir.com


Man

Piece of heaven on 2nd avenue

Sunflowers


Brookbank Trail


Franchesca

Lets leave the city lights behind

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE SUBJECTS AND THE DEPTH IS JUST WONDERFUL... A GREAT STYLE AND EXCELLENT USAGE OF THE BRUSH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of color and gesture.

    ReplyDelete