Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Day 103: A.H. Smith

I am at heart a storyteller. I explore memory and dream juxtaposition to create narrative, autobiographical paintings. I work in the symbolist and surrealist genres. As a visual artist, I am trying to articulate my personal visual language.  I work to infuse slightly unusual images into seemingly traditional landscapes. I want my paintings to set the stage for a story that will involve the viewer.  I try to create pieces that are both personal in nature but that speak to the viewer. I want to create paintings that someone wants to look at more than once.
A H Smith



The collectors

Those who bear witness

The shadow of lost things

Coup d'etat


This Grief is the first Grief

1 comment:


  1. VERY UNIQUE APPROACH... WONDERFUL CLOUDS ETC..... I LOVE IT...

    ReplyDelete