Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Day 341: Tania Bolin

Artist Statement

In my work studies of desert plant life and life cycles of the desert ecosystem are translated into colorful compositions. The desert to me is an intriguing place full of life, color, and strong plants. The images that form my work are inspired by research and observations of my Yuma Desert. My admiration for the desert and its cycles is translated into forms, line work, and colors that render onto the canvas.

The process plays an important role in my work since it deals with the practice of exploring both being spontaneous and premeditating. After choosing the subject to paint, my work flows directly from my mind onto the canvas with not much forethought. It is then when the interaction between me, the paint and the canvas end up recreating an emotion that existed only in myself. That emotion that is obtained by the experiences of living in the desert and my admiration for the natural world around me. The usage of bright, bold colors is a way for me to illustrate the strength of the Desert. 

Components of Fauvism and Abstraction induce my paintings. I often combine several mediums, including acrylic, soft pastel, gel, and ink.

The intention of my work is to capture a moment in nature forever and honor its beauty and survival. In a busy world where most people don’t stop and admire nature. I intend to create eye catching paintings to make people aware of their surroundings and invite them to see nature through my eyes. 



Flora Arizona 48x48x6 Inches Mixed Media on Canvas

Drinking Heavenly 26 x 20 x 1.5 Inches (Triptych) Acrylic on canvas

Desert Deluxe 12x9x1.5 Inches Mixed Media on Canvas

Life Still 24x24x1.5 Inches Acrylic on Canvas

Twitterpated 24x48x1.5 Inches Acrylic on Canvas

9 comments:


  1. Very good article! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website. Keep up the good writing.
    mydraw-crack
    geometric-glovius-pro-crack
    abelssoft-file-organizer-crack

    ReplyDelete


  2. Great set of tips from the master himself. Excellent ideas. Thanks for Awesome tips Keep it up
    incracks.com
    red-giant-trapcode-suite-crack
    mydraw-crack
    geometric-glovius-pro-crack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Good Work Done By You...However, stopping by with great quality writing, it's hard to see any good blog today.
    fullzversionpro.org
    Smart Driver Updater CRACK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hii there. I'm glad to visit this site everytime. amzaing videos are provided by this site. If you have any PC issues then visit this site I'm also glad with it. https://patchhere.com/phonerescue-free-download-2021/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your all post. You have done really good work. Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot.I hope to have many more entries or so from you.
    Very interesting blog.
    aspc4u.com
    EZ CD Audio Converter Crack
    Avast Pro Antivirus Crack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful thank you.
    https://crackbye.com/lrtimelapse-pro-crack/

    ReplyDelete