Thursday, January 25, 2018

Day 357: Kimberly Dickerson

“There may be a great fire in our soul, yet no one ever comes to warm himself at it, and the passers-by see only a wisp of smoke.” – Vincent van Gogh 
I believe so deeply in this quote.  As a self taught artist I kept my skills to myself and only used them to allow a form of expression.  It wasn’t until my children were at an age to learn that I felt this deep desire to teach them that with their own creativity they can bring really beautiful things to a world that needs it deeply.   There is something truly special about bringing an expression of your spirit into a piece of art and how a child in all of their innocence can have that spark and it can grow into a force that overflows into every other facet of their life.

Mom to a crazy bunch of amazing kids, wife to an amazing guy, addicted to art supplies.
I love to teach, learn, grow in all things art. 
Art has a way of healing the spirit. It can bring such emotion, as an artist, I work to bring the beautiful to a world where there is more than enough dark and ugly.
Terrified of anything that has more than 6 legs. 


Love Always

Oswald

American Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment