Friday, December 15, 2017

Day 316: Ariana Enriquez

My work focuses on the beauty that life offers, often simply found by delving into the natural world that surrounds us. The outdoors is the largest source of my inspiration, a safe place to wander and explore. Small and often overlooked details such as the vanes in a leaf or the repetitive and gentle shape of a flower petal serves as material that I strive to capture on canvas, panel and paper. 
As a flower blooms with the help of its nurturing environment, my family- especially my mother, have allowed me to do the same. I seek to pay homage to her through my work while also exploring the vulnerabilities and intimacies that come with familial relationships. Plants, flowers and insects that I come upon day to day become metaphors for my family and agents for identity, allowing me to explore how our behaviors coincide with the need for nature to grow and thrive. I am not only a painter but a seeker and explorer, awaiting all nature has to offer.
instagram: arianaa_belen


The Birds and the Bees 1, Watercolor, Colored Pencil and Graphite on Stretched Paper

The Birds and the Bees II, Watercolor, Colored Pencil and Graphite on Stretched Paper 

43 Years, Oil on Wood Panel

Floral Midwest, Oil on Wood Panel

Untitled (Calvavera), Oil on wood Skate Deck 

1 comment: