Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Day 257: Dana Capp

Artists statement-My journey as an artist has endured many paths.As a little girl, I innately had the drive to draw landscapes and architecture. As I matured, I departed from the arts to pursue a career society was pushing me towards, unrelated to the arts. I eventually found my way back to where I'm supposed to be. I graduated from ASU with a BFA in painting. The curriculum in art school taught me a lot about the fundamentals of art, including the elements of design, composition, and technique. But the real awakening occurred years later, after life threw me many curve balls, and I actually had something to say and express. Currently, I am driven by the divine universal source of creativity. My interests fuel my passion. Nature, music, and the mystical drive me. I prefer to use slow drying Golden brand acrylics on either Woolf panel or canvas. I hope my art evokes feelings of love, passion, and inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment