Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Day 201: Ryan Quackenbush

was born and raised in Phoenix and have been drawing my whole life. My path has led me to doing commercial illustration and comics. I self-publish my own comic series “Strange Streets” as well as numerous upcoming comics written by other comic writers. I’ve done work for the New Times and local web series doing digital matte painting.


I draw inspiration from painters more than I do comic artists and love impressionism, post-impressionism and expressionism with a preference toward figurative work. I love the idea of capturing the essence and emotion of something all while being weird and trying different techniques and materials. I really value the freedom and experimentation of painting and the technique of commercial illustrators of the last 70 years and apply it to pop culture, movies, music and comics.
Instagram - @ryanquackenbush


Sillage

Guy Montag

Eraserhead

Night of the Hunter

Phantom

3 comments: