Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 82: Suzanne Steinberg

I do paintings of flowers...I first started because they reminded me of a happy memory when my mother was pruning roses when I was a child. I now like roses because I feel I can put a great deal of sensitivity in them, and they help me direct my emotions sometimes back to mother earth. I find when I look at the roses I see a fragile piece of my soul, a piece of me that is beyond my own ability to communicate. This visualization of apart of my heart helps bind me to the physical space within my own body and the outside world. I think the roses give me an intimate constant growing piece of myself, like a leaf among the stem of our ever evolving gratification, pain, morality and humanity of the perspective towards contrast. I know they are simple, but they are my own unspoken spaces


























No comments:

Post a Comment