Sunday, April 23, 2017

Day 80: Arthur Owsley

My name is Arthur Owsley, My life has been spent in dedication to bettering my art. When looking at my body of work, one would notice all of the recurring subjects and images. Owls, jellyfish, dragonflies, cicadas, feathers, and bones are only a few of the images that I use to create my compositions. There is purpose to this: each character, each subject, and each image is decorated as a religious figure. 
 
This is where I draw my influence: The importance of religious and cultural art. It's development and repetition throughout history is what I try to exemplify in my work. By combining different cultural and religious symbols, figures, and patterns with modern schemes and styles I imbue an existential importance to the subject matter. 
 
I have an underlying goal in my life when it comes to my work.: I think that legacy is an important concept to any artist, my aspiration for my legacy is a little different from what others may be. If I were buried in a crypt with my body of work and was discovered in the distant future, I would want historians to be able to decipher the narrative and themes hidden in the religion of my work.

1 comment: