Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Day 54: Laura Cohen-Hogan

I received my BFA and M of AE from ASU and UofHawaii.  Drawing from models during studio sessions and plein air painting, I create compositions that are an organic state of harmony and understanding. Landscape elements are reimagined as collages of hand-cut figure drawings.  Figures are represented in oil pastels, oil paint, drawings on tissue paper with inks, and 3-D surfaces.  Currently, I am the "Featured Artist” for February at the Herberger Gallery @ the AZ Center.  I will have a booth at Shemer Art Center Fine Arts In The Garden, March 11th.  My studio at the Artery is open every First Friday. (625 E. Indian School Road), parking in rear. 
creativeproject@icloud.com
www.cohenhogan.net

“Saguaro Lake With Seven Saguaros”-2’ X 3’ Tissue Paper/Ink Collage on wood panel

“Support” - 11” X 14.5" Mixed Media-Oil Pastel / Tissue Paper/Ink


“Allow Sunflowers Into Your Life”-12” X 12” Tissue Paper Collage on wood panel


“Anatomy Lesson”-Tissue Paper/Ink Collage on a torso

1 comment: